We had a productive and wonderful annual meeting this past Sunday. Reports were heard from the past year, a budget was set, and new vestry members were elected, as were our Diocesan Synod delegates. Immediately after, we held our parish Thanksgiving dinner, in which 3 large turkeys and a ham were completely consumed. Our annual meeting packet, along with some of the decisions of the meeting, have been posted on our website. Please click here to catch up and see what happened.
Tomorrow morning, Saturday, November 24, at 9 a.m., we will gather to paint the inside of the office addition. The interior has already been primed (as you can see in the picture above) and is just waiting on us to get the top coat on! We need all hands on deck to get this done quickly. Be sure to bring your rollers and brushes. We will supply the paint, the roller covers and trays. See you in the morning.
Ladies Advent Luncheon
The Ladies Advent Luncheon will be on Saturday, December 1, 2018, from 1:00-3:00 p.m., at the Cedars in Hendersonville, 211 7th Ave. W. The cost is $15.00. Please RSVP and pay by this coming Sunday morning, November 25.
The roof on the bell tower was completed last Saturday. The work on the architectural panels continues. The walls on the inside of our office addition were coated with primer this week to ready it for painting. Also, the heating and air conditioning units were brought over and the installation began this week. I encourage you to check out the daily updates on our website so you can see exactly what has been happening with our building project.
News of Note
Dennis Houghtaling is still at the St. Joseph campus of Mission Hospital. He is scheduled to be released this coming Tuesday, November 27, for an extended time of rehab. He, along with his sons, have decided that he will rehab down in Myrtle Beach, where his son Lewis lives. The expectation is that Dennis will eventually return to us once his rehab is complete. Please continue to keep him in your prayers and we look forward to his return to our beloved parish of All Saints.
News of Note #2
Carolyn Greenwood came through her knee replacement surgery very well. She is now at The Lodge here in Mills River for rehabilitation before she is able to go home. Your prayers are coveted for her speedy recovery.
That is about it for today. There are a few more announcements below. I pray all of you have had a blessed Thanksgiving weekend so far. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow and Sunday.
News & Announcements
Advent Lessons & Carols
· The All Saints Choir will proudly present its annual Advent Festival of Lessons and Carols on Sunday, December 9, at 5:00 p.m. This special service was started in 1918 at King’s College Chapel in Cambridge, England and it is a re-telling of the story of our redemption—from prophecy to fulfillment—through Holy Scripture and music.
St. Nicholas Party
· The St. Nicholas Party, an annual tradition here at All Saints, will immediately follow Advent Lessons & Carols. We have it on good authority that jolly old St. Nick will make an appearance again this year to fill up those shoes. Don’t miss your chance to perhaps spy on him as he goes about his work!
Adult Sunday School
· Class returns this Sunday, November 25 with a four week Advent study.
Tuesday Book Study
· Tuesday Book Study returns this week.
Wednesday Night Bible Study, Dinner, Choir Practice
· All of our usual Wednesday night activities return this week.
· Bread of Life in Transylvania County is this month’s recipient of our in-gathering of food stuffs.