As you know, it was my incredible pleasure and privilege to baptize my grandson Tucker last Sunday, September 24. We were joined by many family members and friends for the occasion. Tucker’s other grandparents Larry and Melody Powali were with us as well. Katie and Nathan extend their thanks to all of you who were there to witness as Tucker became one of Christ’s own. Please pray that he will live his life according to this beginning. Here are a couple pictures.
Two important things are happening this week: the Anglican Joint Synods in Atlanta and the Christmas Craft Market.
Anglican Joint Synods
This week in Atlanta, our national church, the Anglican Province of America, along with the Anglican Catholic Church, the Anglican Church in America, and the Diocese of the Holy Cross will all hold their national synods (conventions) at the same location. We also will be having our Diocesan Synod as well. This year’s event is an historic occasion in that the four churches, while meeting separately to conduct their own jurisdictional business, will gather together for worship and fellowship throughout the week, culminating in the establishment of full communion with one another and formally pledging to work toward organic unity. These four churches represent approximately 300 congregations in this country, as well as larger memberships in South America, England, Africa, Asia, Oceania, and the Caribbean.
As a consequence of the Synods being held this week, the church office will be closed this week. Also, Tuesday Book Study, Wednesday Bible Study, Wednesday Holy Communion, and Wednesday Fellowship Dinner are all canceled. Dcn. Louis, Bill & Barbara Fishburne, Doug & Cynthia Hensley, Peter, and I are attending.
Christmas Craft Market
The annual Craft Market will be held this coming Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Come on out that day and bring family and friends to shop and support this fundraiser for the Ladies of All Saints. There will be something for all ages such as crafting demonstrations, petting zoo, a myriad of crafters for your shopping pleasure, a bake sale, and also a basket raffle. There are 4 baskets to be raffled off. You do NOT want to miss any of this! See you on Saturday. Here are the baskets to be raffled.
The rest of your announcements for this week are down below. Please do read on and please pray for all of us traveling to the Synod and also that God’s will may be done this week in Atlanta.
Sunday Fellowship Lunch–Need your help
· We always have a Sunday Fellowship Lunch following our 11 AM Holy Communion. Be sure to ask our visitors to stick around so we can get to know them better.
· We need your help next Sunday, Oct. 8, for lunch. Please bring a dish to share, such as vegetables, salad, fruit, breads. We will provide the meat. Since this is the day right after the Craft Market, we thought we would make this easy on everyone and just go Potluck! Thanks in advance for bringing something.
· Interfaith Assistance Ministry here in Henderson County is this month’s recipient of our in-gathering of food stuffs.
“Click” and “Share”
· We have posted information about our Christmas Craft Market on the parish Facebook Page. Please share this on your own Facebook Page so your family and friends can see that it is upcoming. This is an excellent way for us to get free advertising. Your personal “share” has more impact than any paid advertising can possibly give us. So share away! (By the way, if have not yet “liked” our parish Facebook Page, please do so and our news will drop down on your news feed).
Friar’s Friday Fall Fish Fry
· On Friday, October 13, the Friar’s Friday Fall Fish Fry in honor of St. Francis returns! Tickets are $9.00 each in advance ($10 at the door) for breaded tilapia filets, roasted potatoes, hush puppies, coleslaw, and iced tea or lemonade. Take-out will be from 5-6 PM and dine-in will run from 6-8 PM. Kids under 12 eat free. Ticket packets and individual tickets are now available…and they are running out the door! Get yours today before we run out!
· We need your help to make this a success. We ask that you sign out 10 tickets and sell them to your friends, or just buy them and hand them out to folks, to introduce them to our parish.
The Saints Evergreens
· Our Saints Evergreens fundraiser is back! We are selling Christmas Trees and Wreaths. This is a “pre-selling” campaign. We ask that all members of the church become our “salesmen” and get orders from family and friends to help make this a success. The students of Classical Scholars are also helping us with this. Selling brochures are available today. Get out there now. The ordering deadline is November 3. See Doug Hensley to get your order forms or if you have any questions.
College Care Packages
· Only 3 months are left. Sign up now! Please help us care for Ethan and Sam! The sign-up sheet is on the Youth bulletin board in the parish hall. Please see Sara Briggs, Alice Owen, or Sandy Peninger if you have any questions.
· Children’s Sunday School is ongoing every Sunday at 9:45 a.m.
· Adult Sunday School is focusing on why Anglicanism is unique and distinct in Christianity. Class begins about 9:45 a.m. every week.
· Youth Confirmation Class is every Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
· Tuesday Book Study is studying C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters. Our next class will be Tuesday, October 10. Please read Letters 5-7 for the next class.
· Wednesday Night Bible Study is studying St. Paul’s Letter to the Romans. We were able to get through the first 15 verses of Chapter 1 this past Wednesday. Our next class will be Wednesday, October 11.