We have a busy upcoming few weeks ahead of us and I wanted to make sure you know what is going on. We pray to see all of you participating in all of this in any way that you can!
Friar’s Fish Fry
Our annual Friar’s Fall Fish Fry in honor of St. Francis is on tap for tomorrow, October 1. We begin serving both Take-out and Dine-in at 5:00 p.m. and will cook fish and all the “fixins” until we run out, or 8:00 p.m., whichever is later. Tickets at the door are $10.00. Don’t be shy if you have not bought your tickets yet. Just come on out enjoy a great meal and a whole lot of good fellowship!
Blessing of the Animals
The annual Blessing of the Animals will be held Saturday morning, October 2, at 10:00 a.m. in the Courtyard between the buildings. Please be sure to bring all your favorite creatures, whether furry, feathered, scaley, creepy-crawly, or whatever! All God’s creatures, great or small, are more than welcome.
Craft Market 2021
As you all know, our annual Craft Market will be held on Saturday, October 16, here at the church from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Craft Market benefits the Women’s Ministry here at the church. There are two components to the Craft Market in which all of us can involve ourselves and those are:
- Craft Market 2021 Raffle Baskets! Tickets actually will go on sale at the Fish Fry tomorrow and you can see this year’s baskets then. But this year we have something new to talk about. Do you want more chances to win one of these awesome baskets? Of course you do! Verna Shipman has kindly made 2 extra special baskets for us as members of All Saints. There is one caveat however. These two baskets will go to the All Saints members who actually get out there and sell tickets to other people. Lets face it, a little healthy competition never hurt anyone! So its time for a raffle basket ticket selling competition. Basket “Spice it Up #1” is the for person who sells the most tickets to the raffle and the basket “Spice it UP #2” is for the person who sells the second most tickets (check out these special baskets when you come to church). So here is a “raffle” that you have complete control over! See Dss. Cynthia on Sunday to get your “competition” ticket packet and get out there and make sure you get one of these baskets. Good luck and happy selling!
- Old Fashioned Church Bake Sale. We are calling out to your inner baker! Folks, we really need for you to bake some of those family favorites for our Old-fashioned Bake Sale at the Craft Market. Do you have the absolute best cake or pie on the planet? Do you just adore baking oodles and oodles of cookies and brownies? We need you! We are looking for a myriad of folks to bake for this most important fundraiser. This coming Sunday, please see Dss. Cynthia after the 8:30 a.m. Holy Communion, or Gloria Hensley after the 11:00 a.m., to make absolutely sure that your delectable convections are the delight of the universe!
All Saints Church Cookbook
We still need recipes! Thanks to all who have submitted your recipes! However, we are not there yet, so please get those recipes in this week. Submission forms are available at church with easy to follow instructions. You can also go online right here and enter your recipes directly. The log-in information is:
- Click on Log In under Get Started on the right side of the page
- User Name or Group Log In: AllSaintMillsRiver
- Password: dishes946
- Choose “submit a recipe”.
Your participation will ensure the success of the book so thanks in advance for your participation! See Amy Miller or Dss. Cynthia if you have any questions and please submit as many recipes as you like.
On November 7 we will be honored to host our new Diocesan Bishop Chandler Jones here at All Saints Church. Honestly, I intended to give Bishop Chad some breathing room as he settles into his new role before inviting him up here. And yet last week, he asked if he might come up for a visit, as he has been with us at the time of our patronal Feast Day of All Saints several times in the past. What could I say but, “Yes, boss.” (I am a man under authority after all!) Bishop Chad will preach at both services that day and he will celebrate the Holy Communion at our principal service at 11:00 a.m. He will also take the Adult Sunday School to express his vision and plans for our diocese and national church. A parish wide reception/dinner will follow directly after the 11 a.m. Communion in his honor and also for those who may be confirmed or received that day. If you are new to the parish since November of last year, please mark this date on your calendar. It is the perfect time to make your presence here at All Saints “official” by being formally received by the Bishop or being confirmed by him. I will contact you so we can plan for the day.
That is all the upcoming news that is “hot off the presses.” I look forward to seeing all of you involved in these fabulous events over the next month or so in our parish. Stay tuned for more news as we continue through this very busy time of year. And one more thing, please pray for one another and this place, that the light of the Gospel may continue to shine brightly both in our lives and from this holy place.
This Week in the Parish