Dearly Beloved, I would like to thank all of you for your love and support upon the birth of Tucker to my daughter Katie and her husband Nathan. Mother and son are doing very well. And I don’t think Nathan has quite come out of the clouds yet!And now onto some other happy news. The boy we all have known for years is now all grown up and is off to college. Ethan Byrd landed at Samford University last week and is getting ready to start classes this coming Monday. He has grown into a fine young man and we pray success in all of his endeavors for the next four years. God bless you Ethan. Check out some pictures below.It is now that time of year when we get ready to jump back into all of our regularly scheduled activities. I have included a “Fall Schedule” below so you can plan accordingly for the next couple of months.Blessings to all of you and I will see you in church this Sunday.Fr. Erich
Monday, August 28· Classical Scholars School Year begins. The school operates Monday through Thursday every week from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.Tuesday, September 5· Blue Ridge Homeschool Choir practices resume. This choir practices in the parish hall every Tuesday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. In addition to their usual musical practices, this year they will be preparing for a Madrigal, which they will host here at the church in December.Saturday, September 9· 9:00 a.m., Parish Workday· 11:00 a.m., Ladies MeetingSunday, September 10· 9:45 a.m., Adult Sunday School returns· 12:30 p.m., Children’s Confirmation class resumesMonday, September 11· 6:30 p.m., Vestry MeetingTuesday, September 12· 11:00 a.m., Tuesday Book Study returns. We will be studying C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters. See Cynthia Hensley to get your copy for $10.00.Wednesday, September 13· 7:00 p.m., Bible Study resumes. We will be studying St. Paul’s Letter to the Romans this fall. Just bring your favorite bible with you.Sunday, October 1· Our annual Christmas Tree and Wreath sale begins.Saturday, October 7· 9:00 a.m., Christmas Craft MarketFriday, October 13· 5:00 p.m., Fall Fish FrySunday, November 5· Our Suffragan Bishop, the Rt. Rev. Chandler Jones will be with us for confirmations.Sunday, November 19· Annual Parish Meeting and Thanksgiving Dinner
College Care Packages
· It’s that time again! College students are settled in their dorms and ready to start receiving care packages. Please sign-up on the bulletin board in the parish hall if you would like to participate in this ministry for our college students. Please see Sara Briggs, Alice Owen, or Sandy Peninger if you have any questions.
School Supply Drive
· This year’s School Supply Drive was a great success. Thank you to everyone who donated to this most worthy cause. Some of the supplies have been distributed, and the rest will be going out in the next week to those in need.
· Please save the date! We will be having a parish workday, inside and outside, on Saturday, September 9, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
· The ladies will hold their quarterly meeting during the parish workday on Saturday, September 9. The meeting will begin at 11:00 a.m. Please join us as we give updates on all that has been happening as well as plan our autumn and winter activities.
A Summer Wednesday Study
· We will be getting back to our normal Bible Study on September 13. However, during the month of August, we are watching a 5 week video study on The Path to the Cross. We have one episode left this coming Wednesday night. This is an informative, biblically based series that focuses on how the passionate devotion of God’s people prepared the way for Jesus and his ultimate act of obedience: the sacrifice of the Cross. Each session is 30 minutes long.
· Bread of Life in Transylvania County is this month’s recipient of our in-gathering of food stuffs.
Christmas Craft Market
· The annual Craft Market will be held this year on Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Please plan now on coming out that day and bringing family and friends to shop and support this fundraiser for the Ladies of All Saints. We are looking for volunteers for this event. Please speak with Kathy Zwingert if you would like to help.
Please follow and like us: